The comprehensive protection capabilities of SEL relays lay the foundation for a safer, more reliable distribution system.
SEL feeder protection solutions are ideal for:
- Fault location and event analysis—get your systems back online quickly, and find the root cause.
- Radial and looped distribution circuits—apply time-overcurrent, directional overcurrent, over/undervoltage, and frequency protection.
- Ultrafast fiber-optic arc-flash detection and mitigation to improve safety and prevent equipment damage.
- Breaker failure detection and enhanced breaker monitoring.
- Bay control with breaker wear monitoring and high-speed failure detection.
Flexible communications protocol options, including DNP3, Modbus, Mirrored Bits communications, and IEC 61850, let you configure a secure protection network.
Add advanced communications and automation capabilities whenever you’re ready.
Feeder Protection Products
SEL-751 Feeder Protection Relay
Feeder protection, automation, and control in one package.
- Comprehensive protection for radial and looped distribution circuits
- Fault location and event analysis
- Arc-flash detection and mitigation
- Sensitive neutral input and nondirectional sensitive earth fault (SEF) protection
- Situational awareness and asset monitoring
- Protection in hazardous and potentially explosive environments
SEL-451 Protection, Automation, and Bay Control System
Complete substation bay control and high-speed breaker protection in one powerful, economical device.
- Bay control with breaker wear monitoring and high-speed breaker failure detection
- Overcurrent protection
- High-impedance fault detection
- Pad-mounted switchgear protection
- Digital secondary system solutions for substations—use SEL Time-Domain Link (TiDL) or Sampled Values (SV) technologies to move high-energy signals out of the control house and replace copper wiring with fiber
Let us partner with you to create an SEL solution for your system. From engineering studies and system design through commissioning and training, SEL engineers bring inventiveness and a deep understanding of the fundamental principles of electric power systems to every project.
No matter how complex or sophisticated the system, we can help you protect, simplify, and control it.
Products and Service You Can Rely On
SEL products are designed and manufactured for the world’s most challenging environments, exceeding all industry standards for temperature, shock, and electric stress. An optional conformal coating for circuit boards adds an extra level of protection against contaminants in extreme environments.
Every SEL product comes with a ten-year warranty—the best in the industry. If any product fails under warranty, we’ll repair or replace it for free.