Use SEL communications solutions to enable secure remote access to substation IEDs and distribution control devices beyond substations. Remote communication allows faster response to problems and increased efficiency of utility resources.
Apply SEL communications solutions to:
- Collect current and voltage measurements from across the system.
- Operate reclosers and switches remotely and monitor status.
- Locate temporary and permanent faults.
- Implement LANs in your substations.
- Provide security gateways for IEDs.
- Increase network security with software-defined networking (SDN).
- Lay the foundation for distribution automation and power quality solutions.
Plus, when you choose an SEL solution, you get more than just a product—you get the industry’s best customer service and technical support.
Our communications devices are tested to the same high standards as our relays and carry the same ten-year warranty.
We can partner with you to create an SEL solution that puts you in control of your own system. From modeling and planning through commissioning and training, our engineers are among the electric power industry’s foremost experts—and they’re focused on what you need.
Products and Service You Can Rely On
SEL products are designed and manufactured for the world’s most challenging environments, exceeding all industry standards for temperature, shock, and electric stress. An optional conformal coating for circuit boards adds an extra level of protection against contaminants in extreme environments.
Every SEL product comes with a ten-year warranty—the best in the industry. If any product fails under warranty, we’ll repair or replace it for free.