When “uptime” matters, SEL computing platforms ensure reliable performance in the most demanding utility and industrial applications.
SEL computing platforms are built to withstand harsh environments in utility substations, industrial control systems, and automation systems. Industrial computer systems require 24/7 availability and ease of service when necessary. SEL computing platforms are designed with a focus on RAS—reliability, availability, and serviceability. By eliminating all moving parts (including rotating hard drives and fans) and using error-correcting code (ECC) memory technology, SEL computing platforms achieve a mean time between failures (MTBF) of over 300 years. Designed, manufactured, and tested to the same quality standards as our protective relays, every SEL computing platform comes with the unprecedented ten-year, worldwide SEL warranty.
Versatile and Reliable Form Factors
SEL offers a range of hardware options, including a standard rack-mount server-quality model and a “mount-anywhere” compact model. All SEL computing platforms can be deployed as industrial computers running Windows or Linux operating systems, or asBlueframe application platforms. SEL also offers optional PCIe expansion cards, power supplies, and third-party monitors.
Designed and Tested to the Highest Standards
- SEL computing platforms feature no fans or moving parts.
- SEL computing platforms utilize the most reliable memory and storage available, ECC memory and single-level cell (SLC) SSDs.
- SEL computing platforms are designed and tested to exceed the rigorous industry standards required for harsh operating environments. SEL computing platforms:
- Absorb up to 15 g of impact.
- Tolerate up to 15 kV of ESD.
- Resist large electromagnetic fields and RF interference.
- Offer operating temperature ranges as wide as –40° to +85°C (-40° to + 185°F)
- Have up to 95 percent relative humidity resistance.
- Are immune to effects of corrosion with the conformal coating option.
While almost all industrial computer manufacturers provide a two- or three-year warranty, SEL computing platforms provide a standard ten-year, worldwide warranty.
SEL Automation Controllers Defy Brazil’s Heat
Brazilian utility dramatically reduces substation CPU failures by upgrading to SEL’s computing platforms.
Introducing the new SEL-3355—where power, endurance, and reliability meet.
SEL-3355 Thermal Management
The SEL-3355 Automation Controller has an advanced thermal managing system unlike any other industry computer.
SEL-3355 Design and Testing
The SEL-3355 Automation Controller has been designed with customers in mind and tested for longevity.