Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
SEL-3350 3U Joins the SEL Automation Family
SEL recently released a 3U form factor for the versatile and rugged SEL-3350 computing platform .
The SEL-3350 can be configured—and easily reconfigured—as a Real-Time Automation Controller (RTAC), an SEL Blueframe application platform or a Linux- or Microsoft Windows-based computer.
As an RTAC, the SEL-3350 represents the next generation of the popular SEL-3530. Like the SEL-3530, the SEL-3350 offers 1U and 3U form factors, an operating temperature range of –40° to +85°C (–40° to +185°F) and a similar price point. But it improves upon the SEL-3530 with:
- Five times the processing power.
- The addition of a DisplayPort connection.
- The addition of a digital input/battery monitor with 0.5 percent dc accuracy.
- 8 GB of memory.
- Up to 2 TB of storage.
- Five 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet ports.
Additionally, the SEL-3350 3U form factor is an ideal replacement for SEL-2030 and SEL-2032 Communications Processors and legacy remote terminal units (RTUs) from other manufacturers.
The new 3U form factor offers the following options:
- Serial expansion board—offering an increase from the standard 16 ports to a total of 48 RJ45 EIA-232/422/485 ports.
- Digital I/O expansion board—24 inputs with software-configurable voltage ranges, and 8 outputs.
- Redundant hot-swappable power supplies.