Learn how to successfully implement a converged information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) network from a utility that has navigated the challenge. This webinar provides information on the challenges faced by Central Lincoln PUD and the solution they are implementing. It also explains how innovative technology from SEL helped address the challenge of segregating critical OT traffic from IT services and preserved the network performance needed for protection applications.
We cover the following topics:
- Networking challenges facing Central Lincoln PUD.
- The structured process Central Lincoln PUD used to evaluate technology and vendor solutions.
- How Central Lincoln PUD migrated existing applications, including teleprotection and legacy interfaces, and addressed future requirements (e.g., video, synchrophasors, earthquake sensors, and cybersecurity).
- Overall methodology and the importance of involving all key stakeholders.
- How Central Lincoln PUD arrived at their final conclusion and what it looks like.
- Practical steps involved in migrating a live network based on SONET to a packet-based network.
- Implementation results for Phase 1 provisioning.
- How the SEL ICON and virtual synchronous networking (VSN) played a key role in the final solution.