Fault Indicators and Sensors
SEL designs and manufactures fault indicators and sensors, supplying utilities around the world with products that help reduce fault-finding time so that power can be restored quickly after a fault occurs. SEL is the electric power industry's leader in fault indicator technology, producing the widest variety of fault indicator products.
Advantages of SEL Fault Indicators:
- They help utilities restore service faster.
- They reduce fault-finding time by 50 percent.
- Compact, lightweight construction simplifies installation.
- Strong, simple clamping mechanisms fit various conductor sizes, ensuring fast, reliable installation.
- Displays are easy to spot and read and require fewer holes to be drilled in a transformer cabinet for installation.
- Any SEL fault indicator that uses batteries relies on patented technology, offering the longest cumulative flashing-hour life in the industry.
- Require little, if any, maintenance.
- Magnetic cable guides keep remote display and sensor wiring neatly in place.
- Standard and custom solutions are available.