In a December 11 webinar, SEL Director of Security Frank Harrill and Senior Engineer William Edwards share strategies, processes, and best practices for supply chain security.
NERC CIP-013 is a new set of requirements for utilities to better control supply chain security risk. To comply, utilities with medium-impact substations need to develop plans to reduce risk by July 1, 2020. At SEL, secure supply chain management is a core principle of operation, and SEL has more than 30 years of experience in this area. The webinar helps utilities understand best practices, including the following:
- Assessing risk from products or services.
- Verification of software integrity.
- Disclosure of known vulnerabilities.
- Notification and response to security incidents.
- Controlling remote access.