Tested and Approved
SEL products with conformal coating have been tested and approved by independent testing laboratories to the following specifications for mixed flowing gas, hygroscopic dust, and damp heat:
- Telcordia Technologies GR-63-CORE, Issue 2, April 2002, Network Equipment-Building System (NEBS) Requirements: physical protection (modified - test duration extended)
- EIA 364-65A Class IIIA (modified - test duration extended)
- IEC 60068-2-30 - 1980, 1985, Basic Environmental Testing Procedures, Part 2: Tests - Test Db and guidance: damp heat, cyclic (12 + 12-hour cycle), severity level 25º to 55ºC, 6 cycles, relative humidity 95 percent.
Mixed flowing gas includes contaminants Cl2, H2S, NO2, and SO2.
Hygroscopic dust includes water-soluble salts, sulfate, nitrites, volatile organic compounds, SO2, H2S, ammonia, NO, NO2, HNO2, ozone, and gaseous chlorine.
SEL meets Mil-1-46058C Type UR conformal coating requirements. Material used for conformal coating is approved to the following specifications:
- IPC-CC-830, Qualification and Performance of Electrical Insulating Compounds for Printed Board Assemblies.
- UL 746E, Polymeric Materials - Industrial Laminates, Filament Wound Tubing, Vulcanized Fiber, and Materials Used in Printed Wiring Boards.
- IEC 60664-3, Insulation Coordination for Equipment Within Low-Voltage Systems, Part 3: Use of Coatings to Achieve Insulation Coordination of Printed Board Assemblies.