The latest solution for fault location, isolation, and service restoration (FLISR) redefines simplicity and reliability in distribution automation. With an intuitive user interface and a modern display, FLISR on Blueframe offers unparalleled transparency and ease of use to minimize customer outages and control wide-area distribution.
Register for a no-cost, personalized demonstration with an SEL software expert.
What Is FLISR on Blueframe?
The FLISR software package is part of the Distribution Management System (DMS) suite on SEL Blueframe and is comprised of two applications: DMS Designer and FLISR. With FLISR on Blueframe, you can reduce customer outages, improve reliability metrics, and provide rapid fault detection and system restoration.
FLISR on Blueframe is:
- Simple—system configurations are created in minutes with no complex modeling required.
- Scalable—feeders can be designed and deployed individually and remain operational as new feeders are expanded across the grid.
- Secure—runs on SEL Blueframe, a secure, Linux-based operating system designed for operational technology (OT) applications.
- Fast—uses protection and switching devices at the grid edge for fault location, increasing the speed of service restoration.
- Interoperable—vendor-agnostic with all reclosers that support DNP3, including the SEL-651R Advanced Recloser Control and the SEL-651RA Recloser Control.
- Versatile—designed to work on overhead and underground circuits.
Configure Settings in Minutes
FLISR solutions are easily configured on DMS Designer’s modern graphical user interface, which acts like a digital canvas. The digital canvas allows users to drag and drop and draw feeder designs as they would on a whiteboard—creating a system topology complete with breakers, reclosers, switches, and line taps.
The topologies drawn in DMS Designer maximize efficiency because they double as both the settings and the HMI. The settings configured in DMS Designer become the system view in FLISR—simplifying the design and deployment process.
Restore Service in Seconds
The FLISR application provides rapid detection of a permanent fault and greatly reduces customer outage time by continuously monitoring breakers, reclosers, and switches and then taking over after any involved protection is finished.
With real-time visualization of your system, you can monitor the status of field devices, control the operations of the FLISR system, and access operations and deployment reports.