With feeder protection in place, you can take advantage of SEL recloser controls to improve the reliability of your distribution system.
Our advanced recloser controls ensure maximum reliability for your customers by clearing temporary faults and isolating outages to the smallest possible section of the system.
SEL recloser controls are compatible with many recloser models and offer advanced protection and automation capabilities.
Plus, when you choose an SEL solution, you get more than just a product—you get the industry’s best customer service and technical support.
Minimize customer outages and improve reliability metrics with:
- Coordinated high-speed fault isolation and restoration.
- Three-phase or single-phase tripping.
- Fast islanding detection and precise synchronization. SEL recloser controls meet IEEE 1547-2018 protection requirements for safely interconnecting distributed energy resources (DERs).
- Secure communication with IEDs.
- Arc Sense technology — improve public safety and reduce wildfire risk by detecting downed conductors and high-impedance faults.
SEL-651R Advanced Recloser Control
The SEL-651R offers exceptional protection, control, and communications capabilities. This advanced recloser control is ready for Automatic Network Reconfiguration, single- and three-phase tripping, and other distribution automation applications.
- Single-phase and three-phase tripping and reclosing
- Fast islanding detection for DER interconnections
- Load shedding
- High-impedance fault detection
- Communications-assisted protection schemes
- Automated loop restoration
Let us partner with you to create an SEL solution for your system. From engineering studies and system design through commissioning and training, SEL engineers bring inventiveness and a deep understanding of the fundamental principles of electric power systems to every project. No matter how complex or sophisticated the system, we can help you protect, simplify, and control it.
Products and Service You Can Rely On
SEL products are designed and manufactured for the world’s most challenging environments, exceeding all industry standards for temperature, shock, and electric stress. An optional conformal coating for circuit boards adds an extra level of protection against contaminants in extreme environments.
Every SEL product comes with a ten-year warranty—the best in the industry. If any product fails under warranty, we’ll repair or replace it for free.