CBT licenses will expire one year from the purchase date.
Complete training when you want, where you want, without travel time or expenses. CBT 351 is a computer-based course offering out-of-the-box instruction, enabling you to successfully implement, operate, and communicate with SEL-351/S Relays.
CBT 351 is designed as a half-day program but is self-paced.
This course is intended for protection engineers and/or technicians.
- Getting Started
- Front- and Rear-Panel Navigation
- Setting the SEL-351 Relay
- Programming the Relay
- Loading Settings
- Event Reporting
- Knowledge Check
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Properly configure relay current and voltage inputs and contact outputs.
- Simulate SEL-351 front-panel operation using pushbuttons and the LCD display, and interpret the front-panel LEDs.
- Determine relay settings for phase and ground overcurrent protection, load-shedding, and cold load pickup schemes.
- Program SELogic control equations, and interpret logic diagrams for customized protection logic.
- Enter settings using acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030 Software.
- Retrieve event data for post-fault analysis.
- Diagnose problems using meter data and the Sequential Events Recorder.
- Identify some of the industry-standard protocols used to communicate with the relay.
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you have a basic knowledge of power systems.