CBT licenses will expire one year from the purchase date.
This complimentary computer-based course introduces some of the fundamental mathematics necessary to learn power system calculations.
Students take an average of three hours to complete this self-paced course.
This course is intended for anyone who has not previously been exposed to the mathematics in power system calculations or anyone who needs a refresher.
- Powers, Indices, and Exponents
- International System of Units
- Exponential Function Applications
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Define and manipulate powers and roots.
- Calculate common and Napierian logarithms, list their uses, and apply the laws of logarithms.
- Identify the International System of Units (SI), its prefixes, and engineering notation used in power engineering.
- Use exponential functions in electrical engineering to represent growth or decay of currents or voltages in electric circuits.
- Indicate the relationship of the sides and angles of triangles and other useful aspects of trigonometry as it is applied to power engineering.
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you have, at a minimum, a background in algebra.