This course is intended for utility transmission protection engineers, electrical technicians, and power system consultants who want to understand the protection principles, logic, and testing of the new SEL-T400L Time-Domain Line Protection in detail.
APP T400L covers traveling-wave protection concepts with hands-on application where you will learn about the relay’s protection and fault-locating functions. You will also complete hands-on exercises to configure, set, and test the relay.
- SEL-T400L Overview
- Setting Guidelines
- Example One-Line Diagram and Parameters: Two-Terminal, 525 kV Line
- Hands-On Exercise: Configuring the SEL-T400L Relay and Calculating and Applying Settings
- Arming, Starting, and Fault-Type Identification Logic
- Introduction to Incremental Quantities
- TD32 Directional Element Logic
- TD21 Incremental-Quantity Distance Element
- Overcurrent Supervision Elements
- Testing and Commissioning Incremental-Quantity Elements TD21 and TD32 (includes hands-on exercise)
- Introduction to Traveling Waves
- TW32 Directional Element
- Testing Traveling-Wave Directional Element (includes hands-on exercise)
- TW87 Scheme Logic
- Testing the Traveling-Wave Differential Scheme (includes hands-on exercise)
- POTT, DTT, and Trip Logic
- Fault-Locating Methods
- Event Analysis Using synchroWAVe Event Software
- Hands-On Exercise: Configuring the SEL-T400L for Single-Pole Tripping, Reclose Initiate, and Breaker Failure Initiate
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Apply the SEL-T400L time-domain protection elements.
- Explain the SEL-T400L signal processing.
- Configure the SEL-T400L incremental-quantity protection elements.
- Configure the SEL-T400L traveling-wave protection elements.
- Calculate, apply, and test settings for the SEL-T400L.
- Configure the SEL-T400L traveling-wave fault-locating function.