APP 751 is intended for utility and industrial protection engineers, and power system consultants.
This two-day course provides complete application training for the SEL-751 Feeder Protection Relay, which is an extremely versatile protective relay used worldwide for industrial and utility feeder protection. You will work with an SEL-751 to gain experience in communicating, setting, metering, monitoring, retrieving event reports, and performing control functions.
CBT 751 precourse training is included in the price of the course.
Agenda Day 1
- acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030 Software
- SEL-4000 Relay Test System: SEL-AMS and SEL-5401 Software
- Overcurrent Elements (includes an optional hands-on exercise)
- Relay Logic and Bay Screens
- Arc-Flash Protection (includes a settings and testing example)
- Over- and Underfrequency Protection (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Over- and Undervoltage Protection (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Synchronism-Check Protection (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Event Analysis
- Optional Sessions and Exercises:
- Reclosing (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Mirrored Bits Communications (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Bus and Breaker Failure Protection (includes a hands-on exercise)
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Determine and enter phase, ground, and neutral overcurrent settings for an example application.
- Use acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030 Software to read and send settings to an SEL relay.
- Implement a secure arc-flash detection system.
- Apply under- and overvoltage, under- and overfrequency, synchronism-check, and breaker failure protection schemes.
- Create customized SELogic protection functions and bay screens.
- Determine reclosing settings for utility feeders.
- Retrieve and analyze event data.
- Implement relay-to-relay communication using the Mirrored Bits communications protocol.