This is a two-day course.
This two-day course provides complete application training for the SEL-751 Feeder Protection Relay, which is an extremely versatile protective relay used worldwide for industrial and utility feeder protection. You will work with an SEL-751 to gain experience in communicating, setting, metering, monitoring, retrieving event reports, and performing control functions.
APP 751 is intended for utility and industrial protection engineers and for power system consultants.
- acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030 Software
- SEL-4000 Relay Test System: SEL-AMS and SEL-5401 Software
- Overcurrent Elements (includes an optional hands-on exercise)
- Relay Logic and Bay Screens
- Arc-Flash Protection (includes a settings and testing example)
- Over- and Underfrequency Protection (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Over- and Undervoltage Protection (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Synchronism-Check Protection (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Event Analysis
- Optional Sessions and Exercises:
- Reclosing (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Mirrored Bits Communications (includes a hands-on exercise)
- Bus and Breaker Failure Protection (includes a hands-on exercise)
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Determine and enter phase, ground, and neutral overcurrent settings for an example application.
- Use QuickSet to read and send settings to an SEL relay.
- Implement a secure arc-flash detection system.
- Apply under- and overvoltage, under- and overfrequency, synchronism-check, and breaker failure protection schemes.
- Create customized SELogic protection functions and bay screens.
- Determine reclosing settings for utility feeders.
- Retrieve and analyze event data.
- Implement relay-to-relay communication using the Mirrored Bits communications protocol.
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you: