This is a two-day course.
Course Base Fees: $1,000 USD
Increase your metering knowledge and understand real-world applications with the hands-on training in APP 735. This two-day course provides training exercises and settings guidance to use the SEL-735 in power quality and revenue metering applications. In a lab environment, monitor energy flow, get notified of system problems with SELogic control equations, test accuracy, determine connection requirements, and communicate with the meter.
This course is designed for engineers, operators, and technicians who want to use the advanced features in the SEL-735 for revenue metering and for assessing system operation with power quality indicators.
- System Overview
- External Connections
- Front-Panel Pushbuttons and Display
- Configuring SEL Meters Using acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030 Software
- Advanced Metering: HMI Interface
- User-Configurable Outputs and KYZ Pulses
- Test Mode
- Accuracy Testing and Compliance
- SELogic Control Equations
- Power Quality Introduction and PQ Measurement: Voltage Sag, Swell, and Interruption
- PQ Measurement: Harmonics and Harmonic Distortion Indicators (Optional)
- PQ Measurement: Voltage Unbalance (Optional)
- PQ Measurement: Power Factor (Optional)
- Hands-On Exercises to Assess Power Quality Compliance to IEEE 519 and EN 50160 Standards (Optional)
- Event Reports and Sequential Events Recorder
- Transformer and Line Loss Compensation (TLLC)
- Configurable Registers
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Read, configure, and send settings to the SEL-735 Meter using the front panel and QuickSet.
- Apply advanced metering features to monitor bidirectional energy flow.
- Test meter accuracy and use Test Mode to troubleshoot operations.
- Identify power quality indicators and implement SELogic to monitor for issues.
- Retrieve disturbance waveforms and records to determine root cause of poor power quality.
- Account for transformer and line loss errors in billing data.
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you:
- Complete CBT 101: Introduction to SEL Relays OR be familiar with the basic concepts and procedures to communicate with and operate SEL products.
- Review the SEL-735 instruction manual.