This is a two-day course.
Course Base Fees: $1,000 USD
APP 311L provides comprehensive application training for the SEL-311L Line Current Differential Relay, which offers complete line current differential protection with full scheme distance backup. In groups of two, students gain hands-on experience in communicating, metering, monitoring, commissioning, analyzing event reports, and performing control functions by working directly with the SEL-311L Relay.
This course is designed for utility and industrial protection engineers and power system consultants.
- Applying Line Current Differential Protection With the SEL-311L
- SEL-311L Line Current Differential Settings
- SEL-311L Current Differential Channel Monitoring and Settings
- Differential Protection Relay Word Elements
- SELOGIC Control Equations: Ways to Implement and Document Relay Control Schemes
- SEL-311L Relay Communications
- Using acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030 Software With the SEL-311L Relay
- SEL-311L Trip Logic and Communications-Assisted Tripping Schemes
- SEL-311L Relay Setting Example: Two-Terminal Line
- Metering and Monitoring Functions
- SEL-311L Line Current Differential Relay Simplifies Commissioning Tests
- SEL-311L Hands-On Training
- Event Reporting
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SEL-311L Relay Backup Protection
- SEL Mirrored Bits Communications
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Calculate and apply settings for line current differential protection.
- Set the SEL-311L Relay using QuickSet.
- Use SELogic control equations to customize the relay logic.
- Apply backup protection, reclosing, and synchronism-check features of the SEL-311L Relay.
- Analyze Sequential Events Recorder (SER) reports.
- Implement relay-to-relay logic communications via the Mirrored Bits communications protocol.
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you:
- Have basic familiarity with protective relaying, SELogic control equations, QuickSet, front-panel controls, and the SEL-4000 Relay Test System.
- Complete CBT 101: Introduction to SEL Relays.