This is a two-day course.
Course Base Fees: $1,000 USD
This course provides complete application training for the SEL-300G Generator Relay, an extremely flexible protective relay used worldwide for protection and monitoring of all sizes of synchronous generators. Working directly with an SEL-300G in groups of two, you will gain hands-on experience in communicating with the relay, applying settings, metering, monitoring, retrieving event reports, and performing control functions.
APP 300G is designed for utility and industrial protection engineers and power system consultants.
- SEL-300G Generator Relay Introduction
- AC and DC Connections
- Introduction to acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030 Software
- SEL-300G Relay Word
- Introduction to SELogic Control Equations
- Generator and System Data Requirements
- Differential Protection Exercise
- Event Report Analysis
- Stator Ground Fault Protection Exercise
- Unbalanced Currents Settings Exercise
- Overexcitation Protection
- Out-of-Step Settings Exercise
- Monitoring Exercise
- Loss-of-Field Settings Exercise
- Synchronism-Check Exercise
- Basic Communications Exercises
- SEL-2600A RTD Module
- Modbus Protocol
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Apply the SEL-300G protection, monitoring, and control features.
- Communicate with the relay through front-panel controls and serial ports.
- Calculate and enter settings for the relay.
- Determine data requirements for relay settings and RTDs.
- Retrieve data from the relay using an ASCII terminal emulator program.
- Analyze fault records and relay element response using SEL-5601-2 synchroWAVe Event Software.
- Analyze Sequential Events Recorder (SER) reports.
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you:
- Complete CBT 101: Introduction to SEL Relays OR have a basic familiarity with protective relaying, SELogic control equations, front-panel controls, and the SEL-4000 Relay Test System.
- Have the ability to set up a communications session using an ASCII terminal emulation program.