Dave Whitehead, CEO of SEL, joins Dale on this episode. They discuss a wide variety of topics, including:
- Early memories of working with Ed Schweitzer as a young engineer, being a CEO with the legend still there, and SEL when Ed Schweitzer decides to slow down.
- SEL security products profitability today and in the future.
- Dealing with customers who don't want to secure their systems.
- SEL’s high level of vertical integration, including a new plant to manufacture PCBs and its impact on supply chain security.
- Dave and Dale’s initial meeting over a vulnerability disclosure and how SEL deals with vulnerabilities today (direct disclosure to customers, not via a CERT).
- Are SEL customers updating their software/firmware when security issues are found?
- How does SEL decide what older products to add security features, such as signed firmware verified on the device, to?
Contribute to the conversation
We want to hear from you. Send us your questions, thoughts on ICS and OT cybersecurity, and ideas for what we should discuss next.