Verifying SEL Software Downloads
Digitally signed software from selinc.com allows you to be sure that it is genuine (produced by SEL) and that it has not been altered or tampered with. Microsoft Windows users can check for and verify software digital signatures by using Windows Explorer. Here’s how:
- Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to the folder containing the software file to be verified.
- Right-click the file, and select Properties from the menu that appears.
- Select the Digital Signatures tab. If you do not see a Digital Signatures tab, contact SEL customer service to obtain the information needed to verify the integrity and authenticity of the download.
- Click on the name of the signer in the Signature list.
- Click on the Details button.
- Verify that the name in the Signer information box is “Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.” and that the Digital Signature Details message says, “This digital signature is OK.”
Downloadable software from the SEL website can be obtained on CD media direct from SEL. Contact your SEL sales representative for details.