Research and Testing Facilities
Government Services Department Facilities
The SEL Government Services Division maintains facilities that are dedicated to the needs of our customers in government research and development, shipboard power system engineering, and marine integration.
Device Testing and System Modeling:
- Low voltage equipment test laboratory
- Sensor calibration laboratory
- MIL-STD-901 light-weight shock machine
- Forensics via X-ray inspection, decapsulation, etc.
- RTDS facility with a comprehensive library of validated system models
Prototyping and Manufacturing:
- Prototype fabrication space
- Small-batch manufacturing space
- Electronic potting station
Cybersecurity and Computing:
- Operational technology/informational technology (OT/IT) cybersecurity laboratory
- Cloud and standalone computing resources
SEL Research and Testing Facilities
In addition to its own specific capabilities, the government services team can harness the applied research, testing, product development, and mass production capabilities of SEL as a whole to help you achieve your objectives.
How We Ensure Your Project’s Security
SEL manufacturing, research, and business facilities are protected by layered cybersecurity defenses and stringent physical security measures.
We practice secure supply chain management and help customers comply with all applicable supply chain and cybersecurity standards.
The information security, quality, safety, and environmental management systems that underpin SEL research, development, manufacturing, and corporate environments are each certified to internationally recognized standards by the British Standards Institution (BSI).
Our electronic devices are manufactured in the U.S.A., in facilities we own and operate. PCBs are sourced exclusively from U.S. manufacturers.
We thoroughly review and test the code that goes into our products. Source code is continually monitored for new threats, and product owners are notified of updates and security patches for the full life of the product.