This is a three-day course. The registration fee is calculated based on the USDCAD long-term exchange rate and may be adjusted.
Course Base Fees: $1,890 CAD
The APP 3530 course is designed to be highly interactive and activity-based. During APP 3530, in groups of two, you will configure a realistic communications scheme using the SEL-3530 RTAC. Each section of this course will guide you, step by step, through configuring this communications scheme.
This course is intended for engineers, technical consultants, and technicians who have an understanding of:
- Boolean, math-based, and IEC 61131-3 logic.
- Power system topology and architecture.
- SEL relays, communications methods, and protocols.
- RTAC Product and Automation Overview
- Initial Setup and Security
- acSELerator RTAC SEL-5033 Software Overview
- RTAC DNP3/IP Client/SEL-351S Server
- RTAC Modbus TCP Client/SEL-351S Server
- RTAC SEL Protocol Client/SEL-351S Server
- RTAC-Tunneled Relay Engineering Access
- RTAC Time Synchronization and SOE Logging
- Mirrored Bits Communications and IEC 61131-3 Introduction
- RTAC IEC 61131-3 User Logic
- RTAC DNP3/IP Server
- RTAC Modbus TCP Server With Simple Tag Mapper Extension
- RTAC HMI
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to
- Discuss the expectations of modern integrated automation systems.
- Name common RTAC system applications.
- Use the RTAC web interface to configure settings such as user accounts and for troubleshooting purposes such as reading status and alarm logs from the RTAC.
- Use acSELerator RTAC to efficiently manage RTAC settings and to perform common operations, such as reading/sending settings and backing up/restoring them.
- Identify and properly configure DNP3, SEL, Modbus, and MIRRORED BITS communications protocol application settings.
- Configure the RTAC to allow engineering access to connected IEDs.
- Configure the RTAC to accept and provide time synchronization using a variety of methods, such as IRIG-B and Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- Create user logic programs and functions with the IEC 61131-3 programming language in continuous function chart, structured text, and ladder diagram languages.
- Configure the RTAC to communicate to a DNP3-based SCADA system.
- Configure the RTAC to communicate to a Modbus-based SCADA system using the Simple Tag Mapper extension.
- Configure the RTAC HMI for status and control.
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you: