This is a three-day course.
Course Base Fees: $1,500 USD
The APP 2240 course is designed to be highly interactive and activity-based. During APP 2240, in groups of two, you will configure a realistic communications scheme using the SEL-2240 Axion Distributed Control and Integration Platform. Each section of this course will guide you, step by step, through configuring this communications scheme.
This course is intended for engineers, technical consultants, and technicians who have an understanding of:
- Boolean, math-based, and IEC 61131-3 logic.
- Power system topology and architecture.
- SEL relays, communications methods, and protocols.
- Product and Automation Overview
- Initial Setup and Security
- acSELerator RTAC SEL-5033 Software Overview
- EtherCAT Module Overview
- RTAC DNP/IP Client/SEL-351S Server
- RTAC Modbus TCP Client/SEL-351S Server
- RTAC SEL Protocol Client/SEL-351S Server
- RTAC-Tunneled Relay Engineering Access
Time Synchronization and SOE Logging
- Mirrored Bits Communications and IEC 61131-3 Introduction
- RTAC IEEE C37.118 Client/SEL-351S Server
- RTAC IEC 61131-3 User Logic
- RTAC DNP/IP Server or RTAC Modbus TCP Server
- RTAC Human-Machine Interface (HMI)
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Describe the expectations of modern integrated protection and control systems.
- Describe system applications.
- Configure the web interface for reading status and alarm logs from the RTAC.
- Efficiently manage the RTAC settings and database for common integration needs.
- Identify and properly configure DNP3, SEL, and Modbus protocols application settings.
- Establish transparent communications to connected IEDs.
- Create advanced logic processing functions with the IEC 61131-3 programming language.
- Manage security and logic settings for NERC CIP requirements.
- Configure the human-machine interface (HMI) for status and control.
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you:
- Have an understanding of power system automation theory and application.
- Have experience with SEL relays.