This is a three-day course.
Course Base Fees: $1,800 USD
APP 3530 ADV-1 is a highly interactive and activity-based course that builds on the content covered in APP 3530. During the course, you will learn and apply the advanced logic functions of the SEL Real-Time Automation Controller (RTAC) to create IEC 61131-3 programs, functions, and function blocks. We will discuss operational devices, such as the Program Operational Unit (POU), and will cover POU pin functionality and the use of library functions. You will learn how to program the RTAC using tools and building blocks to build custom applications.
APP 3530 ADV-1 is for engineers, technical consultants, and technicians who want to move beyond basic data collection and concentration in the SEL RTAC and learn more about IEC 61131-3 and advanced logic.
- IEC 61131-3 Logic Basics:
- Introduction to IEC 61131-3
- Advanced Data Storage
- Initial Relay and RTAC Configuration (exercise)
- Programming Operations
- Basic Programming and Functions (exercise)
- Predefined Function Blocks
- Archiving Energy Values (exercise)
- Programming Environment
- Continuous Function Chart (CFC) Function Block (exercise)
- Ladder Diagram (LD) Function Block (exercise)
- IEC 61131-3 Logic Basics (continued):
- Guidelines, Documentation, and Advanced Topics
- ChannelMonitoring Library: Monitor Analog and Digital Data for Excursions
- Alerting for Data Excursions With the ChannelMonitoring Library (exercise)
- PowerMetering Library: Demand, Energy, and Pulse Accumulation
- Demand, Energy, and KY Pulse Counting With the PowerMetering Library (exercise)
- FileIO and DynamicVectors Libraries: RTAC File System Operations and Data Management
- Using FTP Transfers With FileIO and DynamicVectors Libraries for Automated Event Retrieval and Reporting (exercise)
- Using FTP Transfers With FileIO and DynamicVectors Libraries for Automated Event Retrieval and Reporting (exercise continued)
- TrendRecorder Library: Flexible and Scalable Analog Trend Recording
- Collect Load Data Profile Records With the TrendRecorder Library and Team(exercise)
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Create IEC 61131-3 programs, functions, and function blocks for use in RTAC projects.
- Use prebuilt function blocks to create programming solutions.
- Test and debug IEC 61131-3 code using built-in troubleshooting tools.
- Describe POU pins and their functions.
- Explain the differences between IEC 61131-3 functions, function blocks, and programs.
- Use the following SEL IEC 61131-3 library extensions:
Student Background and Knowledge
Before you attend this class, we recommend that you take APP 3530: Real Time Automation Controller (RTAC) OR have experience with SEL relays, understand Boolean and math-based logic, and know how to:
- Perform the initial setup of an RTAC.
- Create an RTAC project.
- Add devices to an RTAC project.
- Use acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030 Software to configure basic relay communications.
- Use acSELerator RTAC SEL-5033 Software to create an RTAC project, configure IED communications, and perform online operations, such as sending a project, viewing live data, and forcing tag values.