SEL RTACs provide rugged and reliable I/O and data concentration solutions at an economical price. SEL controllers are hardened to meet stringent IEEE and IEC standards for harsh environments, and they are all backed by SEL’s no-questions-asked, worldwide, ten-year product warranty.
- Connect existing and new relays using both serial and Ethernet connections. Apply the RTAC as a single point of access to each intelligent electronic device (IED) for settings management or data retrieval. Replace existing remote terminal units (RTUs) in applications that require high-density I/O with the modular SEL-2240 Axion.
- Manage cybersecurity and physical security for the substation. Comply with NERC CIP requirements using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) centralized user authentication, logging, and port control. Incorporate security alerts into existing operational systems, or use automated notifications.
- Implement the RTAC as a system controller and SCADA gateway using the large set of supported protocols, including IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101/104, DNP3, Modbus, and SEL protocols.
- Build comprehensive distribution automation systems using IEC 61131-3 programmable logic and deterministic processing intervals. DNA (Distribution Network Automation) systems can provide fault location, identification, and system reconfiguration (FLISR) for improved distribution system reliability; volt/VAR optimization (VVO) for efficient system operation; and much more.
- Select the RTAC as a Remote Intelligent Gateway (RIG), approved by the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) for direct telemetry of participating generators and loads.
- Use the web-based human-machine interface (HMI) for local or remote real-time visualization and control of equipment in the substation.
All SEL RTACs provide the same user interface, making the user experience across products consistent. Once you are familiar with one controller, you will understand all SEL controllers, allowing you to efficiently mix and match SEL RTACs based on your application.