Our Values—More Than Just Words
These are the traits we seek in the individuals who make up SEL.
Our business requires continuous improvement of our performance.
- Identify, measure, and improve our processes.
- Work in a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Recognize, offer, and accept criticism as an invaluable tool for improvement.
- Seek simplicity.
- Use the best available processes and tools.
- Get to the root of every problem.
We commit to offer customers unmatched value in our products and services.
Society depends on us for the safe, reliable operation of electric power systems.
- Manage resources, projects, and work wisely.
- Commit and deliver.
- Practice neatness, cleanliness, accuracy, and organization.
We communicate our needs and expectations efficiently, clearly, and respectfully.
- Listen carefully to our internal and external customers.
- Use whiteboards, charts, and graphs for visible and open communications.
- Transmit and receive.
- Ask for help, information, and understanding when in doubt.
We practice unquestionable ethics.
- Make clear promises to customers and exceed their expectations.
- Assume responsibility; be accountable.
- Depersonalize problems to solve them.
- Treat each other with dignity and respect at all times.
- Understand that it is just as important to be a good customer as it is to be a good supplier.
We think, learn, and evaluate; creating is hard work!
- Have ideas, share them, and work together to develop and evaluate ideas.
- Be an inventor.
- Ask “Why?” five times.
- Expect, encourage, and enjoy change in the spirit of creativity and improvement.
We participate in the development of our community.
- Be the best employer and employee possible.
- Share your and our successes with others.
- Be an asset to your community.
We recognize the Four Rs of working at SEL: Risks, Rights, Responsibilities, and Rewards.
- Be professional at all times.
- Share your expertise with others to help us all succeed.
- Expand your knowledge into new areas.
- See beyond today, and envision both the big picture and our future.
Dignity of Work
We appreciate the dignity of work as a significant part of our lives.
- Appreciate, respect, and enjoy diversity of thought and opinion.
- Achieve personal satisfaction from your creations and contributions.
- Help others recognize, appreciate, and enjoy individual and team success.
- Enjoy pursuing our purpose and vision.
- Balance the interests of our customers, employees, stockholders, suppliers, and community.