Privacy Notice for Brazil
This Privacy Notice for Brazil (“Notice”) is to inform about the treatment of personal data that may be done by Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc., and its affiliates (“SEL”, “we”, or “us”), and titular rights in relation to the personal information collected.
2. Categories of Personal Information that we Collect and Treat
The categories of personal information that SEL collects are set out in Annex 1.
3. Purposes for Collecting and treatment of Personal data
SEL collects and treats personal data especially for purposes described below:
- For marketing purposes and maintaining a business contact with you; including billing, payment, delivery, and other contractual activities;
- For providing continued support to you;
- To maintain your account on our website;
- For us to pursue our legitimate interests; and
- To meet our legal obligations.
4. Your rights
LGPD guarantees that the holder of personal data has at any time and upon request:
- Confirmation of the existence of treatment;
- Access to personal data;
- Correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data;
- Anonymizing, blocking or deleting unnecessary, excessive or treated data that does not comply with the LGPD;
- Data portability to another service or product supplier, upon express request, in accordance with rules of national authority, observing commercial and industrial secrets;
- Removal of personal data treated with the consent of the holder, except in cases of treatment is needed to controller be in compliance with legal or regulatory obligation and in cases of study by a research body, ensuring anonymization of personal data whenever possible;
- Information from public and private entities with which the controller shared personal data;
- Information about the possibility of not providing consent and consequences of the refusal;
- Withdrawal of consent, by a free and facilitated procedure. Treatments carried out under previously expressed consent are ratified.
If you wish to make any request related to your rights, please contact us by email: email@example.com
5. Sharing of Personal Information
SEL may share Personal Data with third parties who help us in operating, providing, improving, integrating, and supporting the services and equipment provided by us. As a rule, this sharing with third parties will occur in the following cases:
- If Data holder consents;
- Necessary due to fulfillment of legal obligations;
- Necessary for regular exercise of rights in judicial or administrative and arbitration proceedings;
- Necessary for the execution of a an agreement;
- Necessary to satisfy legitimate interests of Data holder or SEL.
We do not sell your personal information. When we share the personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We may share personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Affiliates of SEL;
- Service providers to SEL;
- Advisors including legal professionals, financial professionals, auditors, insurers, and the like; and
6. How we collect personal data
Personal data are collected mainly by following ways:
- Online forms available on our website(s);
- Your personal interactions with SEL employees or representatives;
- Your attendance at an SEL event, training, class, tradeshow, or the like;
- Your creation of a user account on our website(s);
- Your subscription to an SEL publication;
- Your participation in our questionnaires, surveys, or the like; and,
- Publicly available personal data, such as on the Internet.
7. Retention of Personal Data
SEL will keep and process your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, unless SEL has a legal right or legal obligation to retain the data for a longer period, or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
8. Contact Information
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annex 1: Categories of Personal Information
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or similar identifiers, signature, address, telephone number, employment history, methods of payment, or the like||Yes|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Yes|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information regarding interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement||Yes|
|Geolocation data||Physical location||Yes|
|Professional or employment-related information||Job position, past positions, or career information||Yes|